This statement explains the Center for Continuing Medical Education’s online information practices to assure your privacy when participating in CME activities on the Internet.
Information Collected and Purpose
Regarding visitors to the Internet site:
- We collect aggregate information on what pages are visited in order to assess and improve the content of the site.
- Our Web server does not automatically recognize information regarding individual users, e.g. domain name or email address.
- We do not set any “cookies” to track visitor’s identification or use of the site.
When visitors register for CME activities:
- We ask for information about their identity in order to maintain a record of their participation.
Additionally, when visitors participate in Internet CME activities:
We ask participants to complete a knowledge test as part of a CME activity in order to provide feedback concerning the participant’s understanding of the content.
- We ask participants to evaluate CME activities in order to improve these activities and future ones.
Other Uses of Information
We may use the information you provide to contact you:
- To check on potential verification problems, e.g. duplicate registration for the same activity
- To ask for more detail about information you have provided, e.g., on your suggestions for improvements.
You may request that we provide you with a copy of our record of the information that you provided to use. (See “Contact Information” below.)
Change in Policy
If our information practices change, we will modify this policy statement and use for these new purposes only data collected from the time of the policy change forward.
We have appropriate security measures in place in our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from you.
This statement explains the Center for Continuing Medical Education’s refund policies. When participating in CME activities, each activity has a separate policy for refunds. The specific policy for each activity will be posted in materials that are used to market the Center for Continuing Medical Education's CME activities.
Concerns about Following Policies
Phone: (718) 920-6674
Fax: (718) 798-2336
Mail: Center for Continuing Medical Education
Albert Einstein College of Medicine
Montefiore Medical Center
3301 Bainbridge Avenue
Bronx, New York 10467